REASONS TO INVEST IN INDIA
- RECENTLY – India opens commercial coal mining, with revenue share arrangement, to boost the fuel’s production in the country
- Mineral concessions (Mining Lease & Prospecting License cum Mining Lease) grant to be granted through auctions for the companies interested in mining or for the raw material for their downstream industry.
- An Inter-Ministerial Group facilitator constituted for expediting the clearances and approvals process.
- Exploration companies can venture into the revenue share model, being formulated for the exploration of blocks identified by the Geological Survey of India. This has been enabled by the National Mineral Exploration policy, 2016 announced in July 2016. Around 100 blocks have already been identified by GSI for auction.
- With the launch of the National Mineral Policy 2019, India presents a major opportunity for investors.
- India has large reserves of Iron ore, Bauxite, Chromium, Manganese ore, Baryte, Rare earth and Mineral salts.
- India has vast mineral potential with mining leases granted for longer and stable tenure of 50 years.
- The demand for various metals and minerals will grow substantially over the next 15 years.
- India’s strategic location enables convenient exports.