FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT POLICY
- FDI up to 100% under the automatic route is allowed in:
- Mining and exploration of metal and non-metal ores including diamond, gold, silver and precious ores but excluding titanium bearing minerals and its ores; subject to the Mines and Minerals (Development & Regulation) Act, 1957.
- Coal and Lignite mining for captive consumption by power projects, iron and steel cement units and other eligible activities permitted under and subject to the provisions of Coal Mines Nationalization Act, 1973.
- Setting up coal processing plans like washeries subject to the condition that the company shall not do coal mining and shall not sell washed coal or sized coal from its coal processing plants in the open market and shall supply the washed or sized coal to those parties who are supplying raw coal to coal processing plans for washing or sizing.
- FDI up to 100% under the Government route is allowed in:
- Mining and mineral separation of titanium bearing minerals and ores, its value addition and integrated activities.
- Mining and mineral separation of titanium bearing minerals and ores, its value addition and integrated activities subject to industry regulations and the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation Act 1957).